Where the Road Ends
A Guide to Trail RunningBook - 2016
Every year, countless runners, endurance athletes, and outdoor enthusiasts discover the sport of trail running. Whether they run for peace of mind, appreciation of nature, or competition, they find a sport unlike any other.
Where the Road Ends: A Guide to Trail Running captures the excitement, intensity, and appeal of the outdoors. From training and preparation to overcoming nature's obstacles, it's all here, accompanied by detailed instruction, expert insights, and stunning color photography.
Inside you'll find these features:
- Techniques for running over dirt, sand, roots, and rock
- Equipment recommendations based on terrain, distance, and conditions
- Safety guidelines for navigation, injury, and water crossings
- Conditioning programs for all levels of runners
- Strategies for improving race-day performance
Whether you are an experienced road runner looking for new challenges or an extreme athlete pushing your physical limits, look no further than Where the Road Ends , the authoritative guide for conquering the trails, terrain, and conditions of the great outdoors.