Basketball Fun & Games
50 Skill-building Activities for ChildrenBook - 2005
By using Basketball Fun & Games: 50 Skill-Building Activities for Children , you can
- make learning basketball a positive experience for children,
- choose from 50 activities and games to build skills and tactical understanding and work toward the national standards,
- take the "kill" out of "drill" to put fun into learning what can be a complicated game,
- quickly locate developmentally appropriate games for 5- to 12-year-old children.
Teachers, coaches, and recreation leaders who are looking to increase the effectiveness of their teaching while making learning enjoyable need look no further. Basketball Fun & Games: 50 Skill-Building Activities for Children contains age- and developmentally appropriate activities that are the antidote to the "same old, same old" drills that take the fun out of learning basketball and fitness skills. And these activities are more than just appropriate; they're engaging and creative, and they leave participants eager to come back for more.
Basketball Fun & Games: 50 Skill-Building Activities for Children is a time saver for those looking for fun ways to improve participants' skills and fitness. It offers clear instruction, equipment lists, and tested tips. Plus, you can quickly locate the games and activities you need by using the game finder.
What does all this mean? It means you can
- use games and activities that are geared to meet specific age and developmental levels in children ages 5 to 12,
- minimize prep time while providing top-notch instruction,
- help kids strive to attain the National Standards for Physical Education, and
- choose from a variety of activities to maintain interest while building basketball skills and tactical understanding.
Activities and games are presented for warming up, ball handling, passing, shooting, multiple skills, and tactics and teamwork. Each activity and game indicates which national standards it applies to. In addition, the games and activities use modified rules to teach specific tactics. The step-by-step instructions, written by a teacher-coach with more than 18 years of experience in teaching basketball fundamentals at the elementary level, are time tested and time saving.
The result is that you can focus on teaching and participants can focus on having fun--while learning and developing along the way.